Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last Day in Punta Arenas!

Hey all. For those of you who have been keeping up-to-date with my whereabouts, I know the blog's been a little dull lately... I've resorted to writing about mugs in my faculty room.

Well, I kissed that faculty room goodbye no more than one hour ago. Yesterday the school held a ceremony in my honor, and as my British friend Steph would say, "I was so chuffed, I cried." And for those of you that know me, I am not much of a crier... but 4 months have gone by so quickly, and as cheesy as it sounds, it was a lot of fun working with the kids at Escuela Argentina, despite their "desordenado" tendencies. They had a slideshow for me, which maybe I will upload on here one of these days, and each grade level gave me a gift or some type of nice message.

In any case, I am excited to be getting out of this cold corner of the earth. Tomorrow, at 11 a.m. I am flying out of Punta Arenas and heading up to the boiling hot Santiago Summertime for final evaluations of my teaching program, and then I kick off three weeks of travel, beginning in Santiago, then heading perhaps to Vina del Mar and Valparaiso, Chile... then a much anticipated week in Buenos Aires, Argentina and then perhaps to the north of Chile.

Many exciting things up ahead before I go home for Christmas on Dec 21st, so I´ll leave you all waiting with anticipation (assuming I can find internet access while I´m traveling!)

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Whoo- Finally travelling, so exciting! You little world traveller. Though I can't wait till you come home for x-mas.

Anonymous said...

Please don't bring the Sasquatch back to the States. I don't think we are ready for that! Happy Travels, be safe and take lots of pictures!!